Since 1996, Vietnam Government has implemented the Vietnam Visa On Arrival which has been used a lot by travelers on over the world. However, people still confuse between Visa On Arrival and Embassy Visa. So, what are different?
Visa On Arrival is not issued from Vietnam Embassy but Vietnam Immigration Department has approved and issued it. Therefore, it is legal by law. So, both of Visa On Arrival and Embassy Visa are legal completely.
How It Works?
Visa On Arrival (VOA): VOA means that you get pre- Visa in advance by applying online and get visa sticker on arrival of destination airport.
Embassy Visa: The applicants submit all required documents to the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate, their Visa will be issued and stamp on applicants’ passport.
Visa On Arrival (VOA): VOA is valid at the airport only including Hanoi, Hochiminh, Danang, Camranh and Phuquoc airports.
Embassy Visa: The Visa issued by Vietnam Embassy/Consulate is valid for any type of transportation.
Visa On Arrival (VOA): The applicants get VOA by filling the form online without any required document.
Embassy Visa: Original passport, Application form, Passport photo, Some other documents depending on your nationality.
Visa On Arrival (VOA): The normal processing takes 1 working day to issue Tourist Visa and 3 to 5 working days to get Business Visa. In addition, you can get the Visa Letter within 30 minutes in Emergency/Urgent case.
Embassy Visa: 5 working days at least depending on Embassy
Visa on Arrival includes 2 types of fee which are Visa Fee and Stamping Fee. Visa fee is the fee you pay to get the Visa Approval Letter and stamping fee is for Immigration Department ( we receive nothing in this part). You can pay Stamping Fee in cash upon arrival or paying online for us when you fill the application form.
Both of Service Fee and Stamping Fee are different depending on your Visa term. To check for the exactly fee, please click here: https://visaagent.org
Embassy Visa is much higher. It includes Service Fee + Stamping Fee + Other current fees ( such as visa approval arrangement fee, processing fee, shipping, handling and expedited services, etc )
Visa On Arrival (VOA):
- applying online easily and quickly
- no required document, no need to send your passport away
- exceptionally convenient for those who are currently staying far away from Vietnam Embassy
- all fees clearly published
- refund guarantee for denied cases.
- Applicable to travelers to Vietnam by any means of transport
- no risk of online payment
- no need to wait in line for the Visa Stamp upon arrival.
Visa On Arrival (VOA):
- queuing at the Visa Landing Counter at arrival airports in Vietnam to get visa stamped
- online payment risk
- higher cost
- the applicants have to go directly to the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate
- many document required including original passport
- Emergency or Urgent processing is unavailable.